#CheddarBay Playoffs week one.
The field is set and congratulations to our playoff field: CLEVTA, rolub, swig, pforever, Concierge, oxr, Petefranklin, zarathustra, Tim Butler, trashycamaro.
Now get busy because you’re jumping right back into this with two games today and ten picks this week.
This week’s lines.
Playoff Ground Rules
Here’s the email we shot out to the playoff contenders yesterday establishing the guidelines for this playoff season. (Week one is tricky.)
1. In week one, you’re picking ten games.
a. Mandatory college (4) — Fiesta, Orange, Rose and Sugar;
b. NFL (4) — pick all four wild card games;
c. Optional college (2) — pick two from the remaining bowls (Peach, Outback, Cotton, Citrus, Armed Forces, TaxSlayer, Alamo, Cactus, Birmingham, GoDaddy).
2. Timing of picks submissions is as follows:
* College picks may be submitted one hour before the first kickoff of the first college game being played on THAT DAY. (All of your December 31 picks need to be in by 11:30 AM on that day, all of your January 1 picks need to be in by 11 AM on that day, etc.)
* All NFL picks for a weekend have to be in by 1PM of the FIRST DAY of that NFL weekend.
Optionally, you can submit your picks via email for me/Pete to release by the deadline for receiving picks for that day. You may post to the thread if you prefer, but the timing remains the same.
3. CC Frowns on all your playoff picks.
5. The playoff pool number is 10. Just a reminder that if we have playoff group that is more than ten, those players on the cut line will be in a sudden death status and until we have the field pared back to ten.
6. I’ll post the week one lines in a thread going up first thing tomorrow morning. Bet let’s lock in tomorrows games now:
TCU -3.5 vs. Ole Miss (Peach); Arizona -3 vs. Boise (Fiesta); Miss. St. -6.5 GaTech (Orange).
7. For rounds 1 and 2, essays are 10 points, regular picks are 5 points. For round 3, regular picks are 10 points, essay is 15 points. For the Super Bowl, your pick is worth 25 points.
That’s it for now. Thanks to all who played. That Bama/OSU should be pretty great.
Enough on TCU getting hosed.
Cripes, with this never ending Peach Bowl it seems like all there is to talk about is how TCU got porked. A couple things:
1. Playoff will never eliminate the prospect of someone getting ‘porked.’ Before the playoff, the #3 team usually had a greivance; four team playoff and #5 feels maltreated. Make it six or eight games? #7 and #9 will feel slighted. Happens. Has for forever. Comes with the territory.
2. Stop eye-balling OSU with your trolling. If the idea is to get the four best teams into the playoffs, ask yourself how Vegas would rate the games? Here’s where the Kanick Book would open for neutral site games:
- TCU +10 vs Bama;
- TCU +7 vs OSU;
- TCU pk Oregon;
- TCU -8 vs FSU.
(I seriously don’t know how Vegas would rate the games and am interested in what our capper community thinks.)
- Six point win vs 6-6 OkSt;
- Ref-aided OT win at home vs. 10-3 Clemson;
- Losing by ten in 3rd quarter at NCST;
- Ref-aided win at home vs. 8-5 Notre Dame;
- Losing by three with four minutes left at 9-4 Louisville;
- Lucky with three minutes left at 6-7 Miami;
- Beats 7-6 BC with FG on last play at home;
- Four interceptions at home versus 6-5 Florida;
- And two point win vs. GT.
That’s 3-10-0 ATS record.
Point is: if you think TCU got hosed, you should be directing your snark at the weak link that is FSU, not OSU.