#CheddarBay wk 10, Broncos at Pats.
All play is Broncos -3 at Pats. Also considered were Oregon/Stanford, Cocktail party, Auburn/OleMiss, Cards/Cowboys, Ravens/Steelers, and there was serious consideration given to Utah/ASU.
Right so this happened last Sunday.
Too many stories to tell but bullets shouldn’t be too tough:
- Too many shots with Brosef Saturday night at Little Bar watching two pretty excellent games, OSU/PSU and OleMiss/LSU. I think, judging from my Touchtunes song history, I played Lightning Hopkins’ Burning Bad Gasoline three times in a row on their jukebox. I’m sure that was appreciated.
- Hitthehorns and wifey were in the same hotel but we did not catch up. Sorry about that HTH.
- Caught the 92.3 show at Barley Sunday. Met Fox, Jackson, and Lima. Early signs that the 603PWR ranks need more tweaks apparent in the Lions/Falcons game.
- While waiting to rendezvous for trek to the tailgates, bonus appearance from CLTIL! More Jamison! I don’t think she planned on doing the trek (judging from the not-really-walking shoes she was sporting),, but she did.
- Somewhere around one I met Frowns. You know we’ve been effectively pen pals for over five years, maybe six or seven,, don’t know. It was really outstanding to meet him (and his pretty and smart g-f Coleen). Fair to say conversation did not flag.
Rounded up the posse which included Vince, Dubbytheone and g-f, CLTIL, Frowns and g-f, me… we lost Brosef somewhere… and headed to the Borcas tailgate at Burke. Dave makes a fine fried ravioli and and Matt is just a cool, still-waters-run-deep sort of persona.1 I’m pretty sure I was life-coaching Matt on the need to take some theatre classes at school to help with future public speaking demands inherent in a communications career… so I’m already failing any and all field sobriety checks and it’s still 2:30.
- Shook the hand of Mason Verger from the movie Hannibal. No wait it was Mike DeWine. So did Frowns.
- CapGG’s tailgate is a prime location and I don’t mean the lake view. Note the outhouses in the pic above. Those are gold. Meet Cheddar Clay. More shots.
Here’s who I sat next to. I may or may not have had a power nap in the third quarter.
- Walk to Map Room, hook up with the Frowns and Dubby couples and dinner and conversation in Ohio City… something Market. Pierogies. And hotel.2
- Then brunch with WFNYCraig out in Chagrin (Corky and Lennys) on my way out.
- Did not make it to the Grown and Sexy Lounge in Lorain. Next time.
So that was a full and enriching weekend. I’ll do that again. Really really great to meet all of you.
- Wisconsin at Rutgers
- CMU at EMU
- UAB at FAU
- Texas at TTU
#CheddarBay late lines: Wisconsin -13.5 at Rutgers CMU -14.5 at EMU UAB +4.5 at FAU Texas -5 at TTU
— mike b. (@603_brown) October 31, 2014
Also for anyone keeping score, the 603PWR ranks crapped the bed last week. Five and ten including misses on the two best bets. Most indicative of the need for review was the epic fail on the Bears/Pats pick. I have not given up on the premise,,, but I think the sample need to be, say, only the last four games. No,,, this can still work…
- A favorite Borcas story. When I got the tweet from Kelly Kanicki, “Grampa?” which kicked off the imperative to change URLs and twitter handles,,, while I’m sweating out how best to manage this delicate matter,,, “This tweet has been favorited by Matt Borcas” comes through. Which was pretty hilarious to me at the moment. [back]
- The Hampton Inn was much better than the two and half star rating it has on Priceline. Was terrific. [back]