#CheddarBay wk 3; Eagles/Colts.
UPDATE: We’ll go with the Eagles getting 3.5 from the Colts at Indy Saturday night for the all-play. Also late lines:
- Toledo +11 at Cincy,
- Baylor -35 at UB,
- Boise -16 at UConn.
Howdy Cheddars. Just a placeholder with the lines for this week this morning. Remember to use the lower of the two lines under the game; the first is the opening line, we’re using the LVH current as of Wednesday morning line.
There are several games without lines posted; when I see them posted (or when you alert me that LVH has posted a line) I will update the post with the official cheddar line both here and in the scoreboard widget.
Will be back with the all-play picks and other things.
PS: check out The A to Z Podcast with Zac and Andre.
1. My pick for the all-play was Pats at Vikes. It was soundly defeated, 3-1, in the Exec Committee vote. But I still think I made a good case for it in my bulleted presentation to the board:
- Are the Pats finally falling off the cliff?
- Sam Monson’s accurate appraisal of “Brady-not-top-5-QB” causes simultaneous beet red irish pumpkin heads to explode all over Massachusetts.
- Belichick smartest guy in the room move — giving away Logan Mankins — kicks him in the nuts.
- Could be vikes be as good as the 34-6 win at Rams last week indicates?
- Added bonus: first outdoor home game in Minnesota three decades? Will be glorious and they’ll kick themselves for building just another stupid dome.
The EC was not swayed. But good news is that I have an early essay candidate.
2. Josh Gordons selling cars in his down time is awesome. Keeps him grounded, connects him to regular people, gives him structure and routing. All great things for the addiction-prone. And also reminds me of the old-school NFL where Lou Groza was out selling insurance in the off-season. Really great to see Gordon like this.
3. Don’t know if this rises to the level of a post but check out where the Browns ranks in terms of height and weight. Just another example of savant roster-builder1 Joe Banner being smarter than everyone else? Or meaningless data points not correlating to anything? I really don’t know,,, but still, kinda interesting.
4. I’m settling in on 603brown.com I think for the new URL. This is happening. I’m futzing with the headers (see above) and auditioning new themes behind the scenes. Moving a URL is non-trivial (and I was simply dumb to co-opt the name of a living person). But a new look keeps things lively and I wouldn’t have done anything unless forced. Let that be a lesson: everybody re-arrange your family room. It’s stale and you know it.
- Is he a roster-builder? An interior-designer? A fashion expert? A construction project manager? An architect? A nutritionist/chef? Answer: when you’re omniscient you can and are all things. [back]