How about a Cheddar Bay NCAA pool you ask? Sure why not.
Rather than futzing around with a homegrown app or plugin or spreadsheet… let’s just go with the winner. I’ve always loved Yahoo’s tech proficiency with their sports games so let’s use them.
- Sign up here: http://y.ahoo.it/IJgmUPZn
- password = cheddar
- Paypal is
superusually easy; no stragglers, kk?
- If your Paypal email is different from the email you’re using in the Yahoo Pool page, give me a heads up or note it in the submittal, thanks.
Noon on Thursday to create a bracket; no edits after 12:15pm.
- For Tourney Pick’em, after March 20, 2014 at 12:15pm EDT, things are set in stone — meaning that no changes or additions to brackets can be made, either by a group commissioner or by Yahoo Sports Customer Care.
- $20 entry, all fees paid out in prizes.
- 80% to winner; 20% to second place.
- If we get over 30 entries, we’ll pay out 70-20-10.
Fibonacci points-by-round with upset pick bonus.
- Fibonacci (2-3-5-8-13-21) – A nicely balanced scoring system based on a famous mathematical progression. Slightly favors getting earlier picks correct versus later picks.
- Bonus points for upset picks (4-4-2-1-1-1) – Add importance to early rounds. Works best with Progressive and Straight scoring.
That’s all I’ve got for today. We’ll be back in a day or so to take stock of the Browns’ free agent moves (hint: we like!) and to track them against the monies we allocated by position a week or so ago (hint: Browns are on track and the estimates used were fairly accurate).