#CheddarBay Divisional Week.
Bang it here for latest news and rumors (as they say at ProFootballTalk). Cheddar Bay news and rumors only here.
Since there are only four games, I’ll just list them here:
- Saints +9 at Seahawks (435pm Saturday, Fox);
- Colts +7 at Patriots (815pm Saturday, CBS);
- Niners -1 at Panthers (115pm Sunday, Fox);
- Chargers +9 at Broncos (440pm Sunday, Fox).
Your picks, essays, everything are due to CapGG and Zara via email by SATURDAY at 3:35 pm.
Sudden death update.
We say good bye to USFCollin whose valiant run came to an ignominious end. Having missed my first three picks the thought occurred to me on Sunday: “If you have to have a lobersterita, it’s particularly bad to have it on the week that is worth 35 points.” You don’t come back from that and Collin didn’t.
The other three on death watch also booted essays but Acto did better (perfect, actually) on the rest while Pate and GRR both hit three. SO those two carry their sudden death status into this week. Bear down.
Do you still have a shot?
Frowns took a commanding lead last week, well done. Do you have a chance? Let’s look at past years:
- 2012: HarbaughHandshakes won with only three playoff misses and hitting all essays last year.
- 2011: BigDood had four losses, but hit all four essays on way to this win.
- 2010: p_forever actually had six misses and an essay miss in 2010 but she hit the Packers’ Super Bowl (again, the only winning SB picker) and squeaked past tom_rr88.
So do you have a chance? (More specifically do I have a chance?) I’m thinking I have to win out and if you had three or more misses last week, you should probably plan not to miss any more picks also.
War Damn Eagle.
I will miss you Auburn. It seems like we’ve had some players who have had nice runs on favorite teams in the past, but the 13-01 success I had with Auburn this year is -I think- unprecedented. That was fun; I’m going to keep the avatar a bit longer.
Talent will tell.
Hats off to Zara, winner of the Cheddar Bowl project. He came into the year picking 56% ATS in the two years prior before an uncharacteristic run in this year’s go. Good picking on the bowls, Zara.
Alrighty good luck this week.
One more item: if anyone is looking for quick and dirty stats in a very easy-to-digest format, here’s a developer who’s taken basic PFR data and made it visual. Good stuff.
- Thirteen Cheddar points, not thirteen wins. [back]