#CheddarBay Week 9: Toledo +3.5 at BGSU. #MACtion!
*****LATE LINE: COLO ST -4 AT HAWAI’I*****
If there’s one MACtion game deserving of your attention and of Cheddar’s All-Play designation, it’s this one. Acknowledged by Hustle Belt as the MAC’s Best Rivalry, The Peace Pipe, oh sorry, The Battle of I-75 (are you kidding me?) goes back to 1919. Toledo leads 18-15. If that doesn’t sound like a lot of games, you’re right. Seems like there were several post-game riots in the history resulting in suspending the series for a decade now and then. Not too too surprising since they’re about 30 minutes away from each other.
Anyways, this year’s Battle of I-75 has both teams at the top of the MAC. BGSU is undefeated in conference and tied with UBuffalo for tops in MAC-East. Toledo has a loss to Ball St., but still controls their destiny with this game later hosting Buffalo and NIU. BG’s defense versus Toledo’s offense. (I’m a Terrance Owens fan.) From HustleBelt’s top 68 players: Toledo has Fluellen, Reedy, Kerin, Owens, Detmer, Mancz, Voss, Penza (kicker!), Russell; BG has Martin, Gates, Flewellyn, Bayer, Schilz, Truss, Ouellet. All should play. Here’s covers’ matchup page. No major injuries are listed but note that Toledo’s David Fluellen got hurt in the Navy game and is questionable.
So this really does look like the game of the week from here and to top it off, I happen to think Forward Falcons is a top ten fight song.
- Nice to see two Lobsterfests last week from Art Brosef and Chuckie Crater. There is some stirring in the middle of the pack but the top four aren’t stumbling; will be hard to catch like that.
- Old Comments. In moving from the old ‘wordress.com’ to the new ‘wordpress.org’ site, I am now able to use the familiar DISQUS comment engine. This offers me a facility to import my old comments into new Disqus. I have kicked off this migration and received notice back that it could take a day or so. So we may yet have all your old comments here in the new site. However, in case we don’t, I’m not deleting or changing anything at the old site so it should always be accessible if we need it.
- Editing comments. You can edit your comment for ten or fifteen minutes and then it locks. Let me know if you have any probs with that. I’m generally pro edit your comments whenever, forever; but time-bombing made sense for Cheddar.
- THE FORUM. I am sure we will appreciate the improved comment section here at the new site. But we also now have the capability to do a forum. I’ve never been a ‘forum guy’ but it seems like the discussion/dialogue could be better once we get the hang of it. I think there’s some live chat features I can enable as well. So do me a favor and check it out, post a dummy essay there, reply to someone. I’m curious to see what it looks like. (This here remains the official thread.)
- THIS WEEKS LINES ARE LINKED HERE.
- THIS WEEK’S ALL PLAY IS TOLEDO +3.5 AT BGSU (2:30PM SATURDAY, ESPN3).
- IPAD/MOBILEDEVICE USERS: THE STANDINGS ARE LINKED HERE.
- DOUBLE CHECK MY ENTRY OF YOUR PICKS ON THIS SPREADSHEET.
Skanky Fish with @ClevTA
18-10-2 ATS YTD;
1-3 last week UCONN (lose); CMU (lose); Jets (win); Titans (lose)
First <.500 week of the season and that was only bc that dirty Jordan Lynch decided to tear apart CMU on a meaningless last minute drive for an ugly backdoor cover by N Ill. It happens.
1. South Carolina +2.5 v Mizzou (69% on Mizzou, opened -3) Pick: SC
2. Akron +10 v Ball St (72% on Ball St, opened -11.5) Pick: Akron
3. Kent St +1 v Buffalo (65% on Buffalo, opened -2) Pick: Kent St
4. Hawaii +4 v CSU (62% on CSU, opened -5) Pick: Hawaii
1. Arizona -3 v ATL (63% on ATL, opened PK) Pick: Arizona
Okie doke, drop your comments in your new super cool comment section, remember to thank Brian Spaeth for his help hosting and setting this up, let me know if you encounter anything strange here at the new home, and let’s kill it this week.